martes, 25 de marzo de 2008

MY GRANDMA'S CAT // EL GATO DE MI ABUELA

'Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature
has a purpose'==Garrison Keillor


In the month of June I went to visit my parents in the town I was born.
My grandma, my father's mother, still lived in her small house in front
of the my parents' house.
In the evening of the second day of my visit, I wento to talk to my
gradma Elvira. She was seated on her favorite chair and I noticed
that she was sad, and when she saw me she started to weep.
I asked about her tears. She told me what happened that day in her
house. She said: 'I bought a pound of lamb from the butcher, it was at
2 P.M. And a few minutes later it disappeared from the round table.'
She blamed to Ulises, the young man, who came to her home at that
time to return the scale that she lent him the last week.
I called my fatther about this. He didn't want to blame Ulises.
We went to her house and looked in the other rooms. We entered the
kitchen and observed her cat 'Azabache' under a table, he was busy
chewing the piece of meat, that was all covered wih dust.
Behind us, grandma understood the real truth. Her lovely cat 'Azabache'
was the unique thief of the house.
She laughed about th incident and hugged my father and me./=/

Chaco Gil
March 25, 08

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario